This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.

Sickness Certificates

Under current legislation a patient ‘self certificate’ is used for the first 7 days of an illness. The self certificate (form SC2) is available from your employer, the Post Office or by visiting the HMRC website. Some employers insist on sickness certificates where the patient has been sick for less than 7 days. As this is not a statutory requirement, a charge may be made for issuing a certificate in these circumstances.

After seven days certificates may be obtained following consultation with a health professional or by telephoning the surgery and speaking to a health navigator.

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website